Saturday, March 13, 2010

stressing over nothing

Okay , two days ago I went to see the surgeon who did my lapband surgery. For the entire week , I have been stressing even thinking about canceling the appointment . I did not lose the amount of weight I was suppose too. I was texting my sister the entire time I was in his office waiting for him to come in and she was telling me I was acting like a complete maniac, okay , I was but that is not the point! I was so scared because I knew I didn't do my part and I just knew he was going to let me have it. So he comes in the office and he says , I see we had a set back , well we have to try harder and if that doesn't work we will have to try a different option. Then he said the words that made me feel so much better, he said " look kid , lapband doesn't cure obesity and many patients have set backs , your not alone "! Finally , I was feeling like I am the only person in the world to have a lapband surgery and not lose weight. I left the office laughing because I was so relieved that he did not chew me out. I guess I was stressing over nothing!

No comments:

Post a Comment