
I thank God for each and every day that I have with my children . I think about all of the obstacles we had to overcome these past few years but we are still here. My oldest , when he was five , was diagnosed as being mildly mentally challenged. I was told he probably would not be college material , well let me just say my son has been on the honor roll since the new school term. I actually got him into a school that was for children with behavior problems. I made this decision because I did not like the work they were giving him in other schools and this caused he to act out because he was not being challenged academically. He proves to me and to himself , that taking your time and studying can help you beat the odds when they are stack high against you. As for my middle son , just when I thought life was good , I found out he might have a cancerous tumor on his life kidney. I just wanted to die! This was just too much for me to deal with, not my son. Thank God ! I was a benign tumor and it was removed but the whole process , which took about four very very stressful months. Taking different tests , which caused my son and myself to stay a few weeks in the hospital , it was very sad to see so many children with cancer or other illnesses . I remember bargaining with God for my son to be okay! It is crazy how we all seem to do that ( bargaining) at some point or another , but I guess it work cause my son came through this with flying colors. Just when I thought the worst had past again , I found out that my youngest has Autism. Why does God think I am so strong but I guess I am up for the challenge. I could not imagine my life without my little one , he has a smile that can light up a room. Yes at times it can become frustrating because I watch him get frustrated when he knows what he wants to say but it doesn't come out that way . I feel for him but at the same time I am so proud of his little accomplishments. He just learned how to write and it just made me smile because this made him happy about his accomplishment. As a mother , you ask that your children are healthy and happy and God bless them with both , what more can I ask for! I'm still standing and I am definitely strong!

Uptown Girl,
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry to hear that your son has been diagnosed with autism! I know from experience that this can be a challenge being that I work with children who have austim! If you need any advise or information please let me know and I will be glad to give you all the information that I have! Children with autism can learn and make good strides. You just have to be strong and supportive of his needs. He will go far and can live a normal life as long as he has the proper supports in place!